Monday, October 29, 2007

VS 2008 Beta 2 VPC Image Expires on 1st Nov

Today to my utter dismay, I learnt that the VPC images of Visual Studio Beta 2 will actually be expiring on November 1st, 2007 instead of what was originally announced to be March 15th, 2008. Reportedly, the problem is at the OS level, so changing back the system date is not a solution as this would not re-enable the OS image. So all you fellows who were busy getting their hands wet with the VPC images of Visual Studio Beta 2, create backups of all your projects. On November 1st, the software is supposed to stop functioning; I hope MS will come up with a patch to re-enable it till the originally announced date of March 15th, 2008. However no such announcements have come to my notice. Check out Paul Litwin's Blog to find out more on this. I will be keeping an eye on the official VS 2008 information page for probable patches. Jeff Beehler's blog gives a much more detailed report of this problem and possible workarounds. Edited on Ost 31, 2007 Finally MS has released the new set of VPC images. You can download them from the VS 2008 Download page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you !