Saturday, November 01, 2008

Square Root of 3

I have never imagined that a poem could have the name "Square root of 3". So when a friend of mine forwarded me this gem, I was quite surprised. Moreover, this is a poem expressing love ! Have a read, and leave your comments. If you know the source of the work, please post it here.

Square Root of 3

I fear that I will always be
A lonely number like root three
A three is all that's good and right
Why must my three keep out of sight
Beneath a vicious square-root sign?
I wish instead I were a nine
For nine could thwart this evil trick
With just some quick arithmetic
I know I'll never see the sun
As 1.7321
Such is my reality
A sad irrationality
When, hark, just what is this I see?
Another square root of a three
Has quietly come waltzing by
Together now we multiply
To form a number we prefer
Rejoicing as an integer
We break free from our mortal bonds
And with a wave of magic wands
Our square-root signs become unglued
And love for me has been renewed

3 comments:

  1. it's from the movie "Herald n Kumar went to Guntanamo bay".

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481536/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SuPaRthA
    This poem is not from that movie. It was merely used in the movie.

    I saw the movie recently and came across the poem, so I thought I should link these two in Orkut under video clips section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah you were right.
    “The Square Root of Three” is actually written by David Feinberg

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !