Thursday, April 15, 2010

শুভ নববর্ষ ১৪১৭ (২-টি কবিতা)

Today is the starting of the Bengali New Year 1417. This is according to the Bengali Calendar which is totally separate from the Gregorian Calendar that is being used by most people around the world.


I got a few poems/couplets on sms/email today wishing me "শুভ নববর্ষ ১৪১৭", which in Bengali is "happy new year 1417". Usually these poems have a very short life-span. They stay in the phone/mailbox and are very soon forgotten. So I decide to share two of them with everybody, in an attempt to increase their life-span a bit.

Both the poems are naturally in Bengali, although I got them in the English font. I decided to put them up in their original fonts.

First poem (sent to me by my friend Arijit):

ভুলে যাও পুরোনো গ্লানি,
সম্পর্কের টানাটানি,
নতুন আশা, নতুন গান,
নতুন করে মনের টান,
আমার সুভেচ্ছা সাথে রেখো,
নতুন বছর ভালো থেকো
শুভ নববর্ষ ১৪১৭

Second poem (from my uncle Dr. Tamal Deb) :

রোদ-বৃষ্টি মাখামাখি
পুরোনোকে দিয়ে ফাকি,
নতুন ভোরের আলোর সাথে
নতুন সাজে উঠবে মেতে.
শুভ নববর্ষ ১৪১৭

I do not know the original sources of these lines. It would be interesting if anybody can find out something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you !