Tuesday, January 31, 2012

TED Talks Download

I am a big fan of TED talks. Usually I like to listen to them while traveling. So far I have been downloading using the "download" button in their website. Today I found a very interesting website which gives links to all TED talks in Metalink standard file format. This can be used directly to search and download videos in high quality using any downloader that supports metalink.

The Metalink file format is an XML file which can be parsed by any xml parser. I use a Python library for parsing the xml and then use good old wget to get the file directly from TED.

Here is a link to the website for getting the metalink file: http://metated.petarmaric.com/

1 comment:

  1. I'm the author of metaTED, glad you found it useful. If you have any ideas how to make it even better please do let me know.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !