Saturday, March 22, 2008

Another Great article on Apple

Being in India, I have only heard of Apple as a company. I have never used a Mac in my life, but I from what I gather, Apple has become an urban legend. I have tried my hands at iPod and liked it a lot. The UI was great as well as the integration level with iTunes.

Then I got hold of the book: "iCon", a biography of Steve Jobs ... "the greatest second act in the history of business". Upon reading it, I have become an admirer of Apple and Jobs. Needless to say, whenever I get a new article with Apple's name on it, I try to give it a read. Here is something that I found today : How Apple Got Everything Right By Doing Everything Wrong. Despite its bit quirky title, it was very interesting take on Apple's policy and strategies. How they are going against the open-source and other popular beliefs and practices and still emerging as a successful company. I recommend it to anybody interested in the urban legend of a company called Apple.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if that is so then here's a link where the Legend Speaks himself at a convocation at the Stanford University. Steve Jobs has three heart rendering stories for us... Stories that generates goose bumps.
    Have a look.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA&eurl=http://www.orkut.com/FavoriteVideos.aspx?uid=11257550429061780972

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !