Thursday, November 01, 2007

Poets of Fall

Yesterday was the last day of the month and my monthly quota of 2.5GB of data transfer was falling short by around 500MBs, so I decided to indulge myself into a treat of some good videos. While searching up Youtube, I came up with the band Poets of Fall. It is a Finnish rock band starting out in 2003, comprising of singer Marko, guitarist Olli and keyboardist Captain. I had first heard of them in the game Max Payne 2; the name of the song was "Late Goodbye". Till date they have 2 albums to their name :
  1. Signs of Life (2005)
  2. Carnival of Rust (2006)
Here are the 2 videos that I liked. I confess not watching all their videos, but these 2 I liked from the lot that I saw. Carnival of Rust - Carnival of Rust (2006)
D' you breath the name of your saviour in your hour of need, n' taste the blame if the flavor should remind you of greed, Of implication, insinuation and ill will, till' you cannot lie still, In all this turmoil, before red cape and foil come closing in for a kill Come feed the rain Cos I'm thirsty for your love dancing underneath the skies of lust Yeah feed the rain Cos without your love my life ain't nothing but this carnival of rust It's all a game, avoiding failure, when true colors will bleed All in the name of misbehavior and the things we don't need I lust for after no disaster can touch us anymore And more than ever, I hope to never fall, where enough is not the same it was before Come feed the rain... Don't walk away, don't walk away, oh, when the world is burning Don't walk away, don't walk away, oh, when the heart is yearning
Lift - Signs of Life (2005)
Times when I just can't Bring myself to say it loud 'Fraid that what I'll say comes out somehow awry That is when it seems We move in circles day to day Twist the drama of the play to get us by And it feels like fear Like I'll disappear Gets so hard to steer Yet I go on Do we need debate When it seems too late Like I bleed but wait Like nothing's wrong You lift my spirit, take me higher, make me fly, Touch the moon up in the sky, when you are mine You lift me higher, take my spirit, make it fly, Where all new wonders will appear Like the other day I thought you won't be coming back I came to realize my lackluster dreams And among the schemes And all the tricks we try to play Only dreams will hold their sway and defy When it feels like fear...
If you happen to come across some interesting video of this band, just drop a post. Also tell me what you felt after listening to them for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you !